First time in Maldives

Country unknown
My husband and I ( 60 year old) are visiting the Maldives for the first time in early April, for 7 days. We are not fans of snorckling, but we love to swim. Can you please give us an advise in which resort we will be able to swim safely, because we are afraid of sharks and dangerous fishes. Also we are looking for a resort without much humidity and a resort that does not have a lot of mosquitoes .
2016-03-15 10:38:01

maldivesfinest
Country unknown
@1006 Firstly sharks are not dangerous at all. If you watched Jaws and other shark horror movies the reality is the opposite when it comes to Maldives. We do not have great white sharks. The other shark species such as Black Trip Reef Shark, Hammer Head or Nurse Shark are all friendly but they do not come too close to you. In fact they go away if you even try to get too close.

In many resorts there are plenty of baby sharks in the lagoon. Clear lagoon that has no coral is very ideal for swimming but presence of baby sharks are there.

Kuramathi is relative large island. There are no mosquitos and presence of many trees make the island less humid. But there are many baby sharks around. The clear lagoon side is very nice if you want to swim. There are no corals on that side and the water is very clear. You can see through the water.
2016-03-15 21:56:30

Country unknown
Sharks official inhabitants of Maldivian waters but to be honest, they hang out in much deeper water. Even when diving your chances of seeing Tiger sharks are very slim, particularly around the islands. When swimming all you'll see are small reef sharks and they'll be gone before you know it.
if you are not a fan of snorkeling, you can opt the glass bottom boat excursion to see the beauty of Maldivian underwater.
send your queries to info@playamaldives.com for more details
2016-03-29 10:49:27

Country unknown
Hi, I plan to visit the Maldives sometime next year for the first time. From my research I see that kuramathi is quite a popular resort and I'm considering that but I'd like to know if there are other resorts that anyone can recommend. I'll like to stay in a relatively large resort that has got some night life and other interesting activities that will enable me socialize with people around my age (I'm 31).
2016-08-18 02:09:33

maldivesfinest
Country unknown
@1012 Hi. Other large islands include Kuredu, Sun Island, Meeru Island, Canareef resort. Out of all Kuramathi is recommendable because it is a star resort with partly 5 star with the recently developed villas. These villas being of luxury class the overall service of the resort meets the class. Wish you a great time in Maldives.
2016-09-11 00:12:07

Country unknown
@maldivesfinest Thank you for your reply
2016-11-03 05:50:23

Country unknown
Hi,
My officemates are planning to have a trip to Maldives early next year. Can you please give us ideas about hotel/resort rates or if there are tour packages. Thanks
2016-11-05 06:27:23

Country unknown
Q; Transportation - within the north central - doyou always have to go back to MAle to use local ferries/boats?

I'd like to visit 3 islands within 2 weeks but travelling back and forth isn't really worth it?

Thanks for any advice or links with more details of Island ferries
2016-12-16 22:14:49

Country unknown
Hello. We spent a nice honeymoon time on Canareef resort last year. Everything was so good and relaxing. By the way if you want to make good pictures you can find a good photograther on http://www.wedgo.net/photographer-in-maldives.html. You can ask him to show a best places to see
2017-05-10 17:29:34

Country unknown
Hello ! Plan to visit maldives June '17 with 1 year baby i've booked Adaaran Prestige Vadoo .Any recomandation stay with my baby ?

Thank you
2017-05-12 09:06:43

maldivesfinest
Country unknown
@1032 Hi, Good that you chose to stay close to airport. If you need a special food for your baby you could talk to the Executive Chef. When you are travelling by speedboat try to take a seat at the very back of the boat, the front is more bumpy if sea is rough. Enjoy your trip.
2017-05-23 13:39:30

Maldives

open

© 2013 - 2020 Maldives Finest. All rights reserved.